Today in class, we will focus on submitting the first assignment, your literacy narratives. If you are ready to turn in your work, follow these instructions:
- Work on your draft letter in a word processor (see the details in Tests & Quizzes for today, 2013-09-20). Your job is to write me a letter that tells me anything you want me to know before I read and grade your literacy narrative.
- Copy your draft letter into the In-Class Writing for today and submit it.
- If you have extra time before the session is over, use your time wisely. Make sure you spellchecked your paper. Check the rubric for the assignment to make sure you have everything you need in your paper.
- Save your literacy narrative document as a PDF, using the naming convention LastName-FirstName-Asgt1.pdf. Check the PDF file to make sure the layout is correct and any links work.
- Go to the Assignment Tab in the left sidebar in Scholar. Scroll to the bottom of the assignment and add your PDF document as an Attachment.
- Mark the Honor Pledge.
- Submit your work.
If you are planning to turn in your literacy narrative later (during the grace period), you have two options:
Option 1: Go ahead and work on your draft letter now.
Option 2: Work on your literacy narrative in class and complete your draft letter later.
No matter which option you choose, when you are ready to submit your literacy narrative, be sure that you also submit your draft letter in the Tests & Quizzes section of Scholar.